site hit counter

∎ [PDF] Free If You Loved Me You'd Stop! What You Really Need to Know When Your Loved One Drinks Too Much edition by Lisa Frederiksen Health Fitness Dieting eBooks

If You Loved Me You'd Stop! What You Really Need to Know When Your Loved One Drinks Too Much edition by Lisa Frederiksen Health Fitness Dieting eBooks



Download As PDF : If You Loved Me You'd Stop! What You Really Need to Know When Your Loved One Drinks Too Much edition by Lisa Frederiksen Health Fitness Dieting eBooks

Download PDF If You Loved Me You'd Stop! What You Really Need to Know When Your Loved One Drinks Too Much  edition by Lisa Frederiksen Health Fitness  Dieting eBooks

If You Loved Me, You’d Stop! What You Really Need To Know When Your Loved One Drinks Too Much combines current brain research on alcoholism and alcohol abuse with Lisa Frederiksen’s 40 years experience in dealing with these family problems. By explaining this research from the perspective of someone who has personally survived the ravages of a loved one’s drinking, Ms. Frederiksen offers fresh hope for the more than 50 percent of Americans (and the one in four children) who have a family member with a drinking problem. This book addresses a host of issues surrounding alcoholism and alcohol abuse, including co-addictions, DUIs, underage drinking, dual diagnosis, codependency, and, importantly, the characteristics that distinguish alcoholism from alcohol abuse (excessive drinking). Frederiksen’s book targets those who know their loved one drinks too much and believe that if they can just get them to stop, life will return to normal.

If You Loved Me You'd Stop! What You Really Need to Know When Your Loved One Drinks Too Much edition by Lisa Frederiksen Health Fitness Dieting eBooks

I was surprised how good this little book was. It is packed with so much important information but presented in a way that was, to me, so enlightening. So I'll say it: "My wife drinks excessively and probably is an alcoholic."

This book spoke to me so clearly and deeply, waking me to many things, including:
-- I am so frustrated because I am dedicated to the two unwritten rules in my family of keeping the problem quiet (note the anonymous review)
-- I have been denying for too many years how much of a big deal this is for me
-- Drinking excessively was so quietly dangerous but has led to full blown alcohol addiction
-- Alcoholism is a physical/chemical brain addiction that is so terrible that it has no cure and cannot be overcome by willpower alone
-- My children and myself are at risk of this addiction from this same excessive drinking path
-- Much more helpful information on how to care for myself while she struggles

This book dramatically woke me to this dangerous addiction so much so that I plan to give a copy to each of my adult children in hope of preventing a repeat of this pattern in their families.

Product details

  • File Size 767 KB
  • Print Length 124 pages
  • Page Numbers Source ISBN 0981684408
  • Simultaneous Device Usage Unlimited
  • Publisher KLJ Publishing; 1 edition (January 1, 2014)
  • Publication Date January 1, 2014
  • Sold by  Digital Services LLC
  • Language English
  • ASIN B00HRGO0YW

Read If You Loved Me You'd Stop! What You Really Need to Know When Your Loved One Drinks Too Much  edition by Lisa Frederiksen Health Fitness  Dieting eBooks

Tags : If You Loved Me, You'd Stop! What You Really Need to Know When Your Loved One Drinks Too Much - Kindle edition by Lisa Frederiksen. Download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading If You Loved Me, You'd Stop! What You Really Need to Know When Your Loved One Drinks Too Much.,ebook,Lisa Frederiksen,If You Loved Me, You'd Stop! What You Really Need to Know When Your Loved One Drinks Too Much,KLJ Publishing,SELF-HELP Substance Abuse & Addictions Alcoholism
People also read other books :

If You Loved Me You'd Stop! What You Really Need to Know When Your Loved One Drinks Too Much edition by Lisa Frederiksen Health Fitness Dieting eBooks Reviews


Most important thing I have ever done for myself and my relationship is read this book. All of my fears are gone because I know what to do for me, him, and the kids.
great book - quick, simple (clear) and to the point. This author obviously has some experience and it has helpful to feel like i had a friend in her. It was also published last year, so i felt the research was current and i could count on best-practices at play. She gave great advice for seeing the bigger picture and way to de-tangle my own identity from the situation and the alcohol. The early chapters went into scientific detail about what happens to the brain itself - this detail was explained in a very straightforward manner, it was new and very enlightening - helping to decouple the affects of alcohol from the individual themselves. The alcohol brain helped me understand why detatching from the situation is so important and POSSIBLE! I also read "Get Your Loved One Sober Alternatives to Nagging, Pleading, and Threatening." by Robert J. Meyers Ph. D. which was a perfect compliment to this book as it gave alternatives to "detatchment" since obviously i want to stay attached to my loved one. In the few short weeks since i read these books, i have seem a HUGE and significant turn around in my life at home and my loved one's behavior. I take full responsibility for my actions in our goals to stay balanced with alcohol - but i only take responsibility for MY actions now and thats a HUGE relief and great progress! THANKS AUTHORS!
Easy read. Very concise yet to the point. Although it does not speak specifically about recovery and behaviors associated with recovery, it was helpful to know that all that has happened and may continue to happen I cannot control. I can only control myself.
Great book and a must read for anyone dealing with an alcoholic family member. Lots of aha moments for me and ideas on changing codependent tendency. There's also a good section on the alcoholic brain that was easy to understand.
I've long been searching for a resource that concisely explains alcoholism from a scientific/physiological standpoint while also offering an effective course of self-help in gentle yet reaffirming language, and THIS is it on all accounts. At only 83 pages, this is a quick yet powerful read that will also serve as a fantastically-organized reference guide down the line, incorporating the wealth of knowledge Ms. Frederiksen has come to acquire through her lifetime of navigating alcoholic relationships (see Table of Contents photos). If you are looking for a resource that is succinct, chock-full of useful information, and not patronizing or condescending like other explanatory texts in this genre can be, look no further. This book is a gem.
I am currently struggling with dealing with my alcoholic husband and i was looking for direction and suggestions. What I found with this book was a different way to look at things and it opened my eyes to what he is going thru and helps me relate to him better. That has been a huge step forward in our relationship. Before this book....I had told him many times, If you loved me, you'd stop drinking (or drinking so much)....and now I realize it isn't so much of an easy choice for him...it is a true illness. We plan to get him help with an addiction counselor at the first of the year when his insurance kicks in and he is ready to get to the root of the problem and stop being so dependent on it. This book is a quick read but really packed with helpful info, especially if you are like me and haven't really had to deal with addiction so close up.
The title of the book was the reason why I bought it, because it's the same words I say to my love one...over and over and over.
I have gone through counseling, Al-anon and lots of books regarding alcoholism, this little book was the first time I realized that I am a Co-dependent to an alcoholic. I'm still dealing with my loved one, but I use this book to help me cope with him and to start unraveling myself from him and my co-dependency.
I truly recommend this book. As I said, it's short, but what an impact!
I was surprised how good this little book was. It is packed with so much important information but presented in a way that was, to me, so enlightening. So I'll say it "My wife drinks excessively and probably is an alcoholic."

This book spoke to me so clearly and deeply, waking me to many things, including
-- I am so frustrated because I am dedicated to the two unwritten rules in my family of keeping the problem quiet (note the anonymous review)
-- I have been denying for too many years how much of a big deal this is for me
-- Drinking excessively was so quietly dangerous but has led to full blown alcohol addiction
-- Alcoholism is a physical/chemical brain addiction that is so terrible that it has no cure and cannot be overcome by willpower alone
-- My children and myself are at risk of this addiction from this same excessive drinking path
-- Much more helpful information on how to care for myself while she struggles

This book dramatically woke me to this dangerous addiction so much so that I plan to give a copy to each of my adult children in hope of preventing a repeat of this pattern in their families.
Ebook PDF If You Loved Me You'd Stop! What You Really Need to Know When Your Loved One Drinks Too Much  edition by Lisa Frederiksen Health Fitness  Dieting eBooks

0 Response to "∎ [PDF] Free If You Loved Me You'd Stop! What You Really Need to Know When Your Loved One Drinks Too Much edition by Lisa Frederiksen Health Fitness Dieting eBooks"

Post a Comment